Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Beginning

I guess to start a blog the best thing to do is tell you a little about myself and why I am doing this. I have always been interested in fitness and nutrition, but have also battled to get it right. I am graced with a fairly slim build , but as I get older it becomes harder to keep. I started biking about 4 years ago and really just did it for fun. A few long rides here and there, but that was really about it. 3 years ago my brother-in-law wanted to do a 1/2 marathon in the city that I live in and I agreed to run it with him. I bought my shoes and off I went. Not my easiest task. Running was and still is extremely hard for me, but I find that I do enjoy the challenge. After running a few 1/2 marathons, I decided what the hell and took up swimming and completed my first sprint triathlon. Now please understand, I am not a competitor, but a finisher. I have since completed Olympic distances and also, 1 1/2 Ironman.
I have always been in and out of the gym and actually have my personal training license, but just never really found the workout that I was able to fully stick with. Then I found CrossFit!
I have a great friend of mine that talked me into joining and have not looked back since. Being an endurance athlete is completely different from the challenges of CrossFit. I have never done any type of training the was so fast paced or challenged me to the point of failure.I have learned that I am not as strong as I thought but try every WOD to become stronger.
Now that I have been in CrossFit for months my hot box is doing a 30 day Zone Diet challenge. I have decided to take on the challenge. This blog is going to be about my journey thru the Zone challenge and the advances of my CrossFit. I hope that you enjoy and please comment if you have any suggestions or comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment